The Rossburn grain elevator sits in the middle of town. It is an ex Manitoba Pool grain elevator with two attached bins.
Rossburn was the namesake town of the CN Rossburn subdivision.
In 1912 there was a Canadian Elevator Company grain elevator (25,000 bushel capacity) and a Northern Elevator Company elevator (30,000 bushels) in Rossburn.
By 1917 a British American elevator had been built.
In 1944 there were three elevators:
- Manitoba Pool Elevators
- National Grain Company
- Canadian Consolidated Grain Company
The Canadian Consolidated elevator was moved and became an annex for the National elevator in the early 1950s. This “combined” elevator was eventually owned by Cargill.
The Rossburn grain elevator