The Reston grain elevator is a former Manitoba Pool elevator and annex, now privately owned. This elevator has a capacity of 4,130 tonnes and is located on the CP Arcola subdivision.
The elevator is owned by the Elliott Brothers.
Other grain elevators that were in Reston include:
- Lake of the Woods, built 1893, burned in 1950, capacity 35,000 bushels
- McCabe, built 1926, purchased by UGG in 1943, dismantled 1948
- UGG, with a capacity of 2,700 tonnes. It apparently came down after the year 2000.
- Another UGG elevator was demolished on March 19, 1992
The town of Reston also features one of the few railway roundhouses remaining in Manitoba. This roundhouse is now privately owned and is apparently used for storage.
Reston was one end of the CP Reston subdivision, which extended 122.4 miles west to Wolseley, Saskatchewan. This light branch line, consisting of a lot of 56 pound rail, was abandoned in 1961, not many decades after it first opened for service in late 1906. The Reston subdivision joined the Arcola subdivision just west of the grain elevator on a wye, and the roadbed is still visible from satellite images, heading northwest out of town.