The Lyleton grain elevator is a former Manitoba Pool grain elevator with attached annex. The elevator has seen better days, with the cupola having a bit of a lean to it. The annex appears to be from a different elevator, or at least it has received a metal cladding whereas the original elevator has not.
At one time there was a Paterson grain elevator (built in 1926) next to this one, but it was demolished around 2008.
Lyleton was at the end of the CP Lyleton subdivision, and had rail service from 1903 until the rails were removed in the late 1970s.
The first grain elevators in Lyleton were:
- Farmer’s, 30,000 bushel capacity;
- Truesdale, 25,000 bushel capacity; and
- Ogilvie, 36,000 bushel capacity