The CN Wakopa subdivision used to run through Lena, until it was abandoned in 1961.
The Lena grain elevator is now privately owned. It may be owned by the Mayfair (Hutterite) Colony Farms.
In 1962 there was also a Paterson elevator in Lena, as shown in this photo from the Provincial Archives of Manitoba. The Lena train station is visible opposite the grain elevators. Note the track that was removed after the Wakopa subdivision was abandoned in 1961.
The Lena school was established in 1906, and after becoming a consolidated school, closed in 1970. Lena is about 9 km north of the Canada-US border.