The Homewood grain elevator is located between Winnipeg and Carman, Manitoba on the CEMR Carman subdivision. The current elevator was built by the Manitoba Pool in 1928. At one point there were at least three elevators in Homewood.
The first grain elevator in Homewood was built by the Dominion Elevator Company in 1901. The second was built in 1902 by a local group of farmers, the Homewood Farmers’ Elevator Company. Both elevators were purchased by the Manitoba government in 1910 and leased to the Grain Growers’ Grain Company (future UGG) in July 1912. Both ended up belonging to the UGG, which sold them to Manitoba Pool Elevators in 1974.