The Dalny grain elevator is unusual in that it sits in a field by itself, not surrounded by any buildings at all. It is not clear that there ever was a town around it.
Previous grain elevators in Dalny:
- Lake of the Woods grain elevator, 1922, fate unknown
- Scott’s Elevator, burned 1910
- Western Canada grain elevator, built 1910
The elevator has “MAN. POOL” on the side of it, instead of DALNY, which is also unusual. It used to have an annex on the side pictured above. Compare the above to the undated photo below with the annex still present.
This elevator is owned by a local farming family and is still in use. It received a new roof in 2017.
Dalny used to be on the CP Lyleton subdivision.