The Lyleton grain elevator is a former Manitoba Pool grain elevator with attached annex. The elevator has seen better days, with the cupola having a bit of a lean to it. The annex appears to be from a different elevator, or at least it has received a metal cladding whereas the original elevator has not.
At one time there was a Paterson grain elevator (built in 1926) next to this one, but it was demolished around 2008.
Lyleton was at the end of the CP Lyleton subdivision, and had rail service from 1903 until the rails were removed in the late 1970s.
The Marquette grain elevator was a wooden grain elevator on the Canadian Pacific Railway main line (CP Carberry subdivision). The elevator was owned by N.M. Paterson and was demolished in September 2013.
The elevator consisted of a central wooden elevator (with driveway) and two large steel bins. It only had a capacity of 1,970 tonnes, quite small for modern elevators. It was built in 1920. There was a second elevator, built in 1941 and sold in 1974.
Its small size no doubt contributed to the decision to demolish the elevator.