There are two Pierson grain elevators. One was built by N.M. Paterson and the other was built by the Manitoba Pool Elevators. Both are now owned by Paterson and operated as a unit. Currently they are listed with a capacity of 8,025 tonnes.
The area around Pierson has a wide variety of birds for the avian enthusiast, including hawks, pheasants, grouse, and much more.
Paterson Grain Elevator
This elevator was built in 1965 to replace a former Consolidated (originally Dominion) elevator that was dismantled.
Former Pool Grain Elevator
The ex Manitoba Pool grain elevator was built in 1927 or 1928 and burned in 1939. It was rebuilt on the same location. Renovations were done in the 1970s to replace one annex, add another annex, renovate the office and add a new loading leg.
Pierson Grain Elevator History
By 1897 the town of Pierson had at least three grain elevators, as shown in the photo to the right.
The original Ogilvie elevator burnt in 1894 and was rebuilt. In 1900 there were four elevators: Gould and Elliott, Northern, Dominion and Ogilvie.
Many thanks to the Harvests of Time local history for the grain elevator history.