There are few grain elevators remaining that bear the blue UGG logo. The McCreary grain elevator is one of those few. This elevator towers above the town of McCreary, Manitoba and still proudly shows the logo and the blue roofs of the UGG.
This grain elevator has a capacity of 3,940 tonnes and was last listed in the Canadian Grain Commission’s list of active elevators in 2001. It is not clear whether this elevator is still used for private grain storage.
The elevator is beside an active rail line, the CN Gladstone subdivision, and the former CN station is preserved on the other side of the tracks as a museum.
The Warren grain elevator is part of the historical display in the town of Warren, Manitoba. It is a former Manitoba Pool / Agricore elevator with a capacity of 2,520 tonnes, built in 1948.
The elevator was decommissioned in 1999-2000 and was slated for demolition, but it was saved by a local heritage group and today is open for tours.
The Prairie Dog Central Railway owns the track through Warren and occasionally visits during the summer, bringing many tourists. In the past few years the Prairie Dog has been storing cars on the line and has not ventured to Warren very often.
The site around the elevator has been upgraded with a boardwalk and numerous outbuildings for concerts, farmers’ markets and other activities. The office of the elevator has been refurbished as well.